I chose to make my card using a stencil and distress inks – it’s amazing the effect you can get on a plain piece of white card.
The card base is a 6 x 6 white cardstock. My topper was a piece of white card slightly smaller, onto which I attached a sunray stencil. It was in my stash, and I’m not sure whose it is – but it’s very effective!
I started with an orange distress ink in the bottom left hand corner (the sun) and then gradually moved into lighter colours, blending as I went and then replacing the sunburst stencil with the flowers and butterfly stencil. (I think they may have been the same manufacturer as I had them together in the packet…) I used the darker orange for the flowers and green ink for the stems and flower centres, and finally purple for the butterflies.
All stencils removed, I stamped my sentiment in the top right hand corner. The final touch was to go around the edge of the card with an orange promarker, and then I stuck it onto the base card. Very simple, but effective.
Actually, the promarker tip is a good one for any time you don’t have matching backing paper!