Crafty Cardmakers challenge 212 – Things with Wings

Glenda is hosting today’s challenge, Things With Wings. We would like it NOT to be a small butterfly or similar in the corner, but the Winged thing should be the focal point of your creation.

As usual anything you care to enter is fine, a card, scrap layout, mixed media piece, some home decor, as long as it meets the Things With Wings theme.

My card was made using a free stamp from a magazine (not sure which one, sorry!) which I coloured with watercolour pencils.  I like this medium because they are comparatively compact, and you can still blend!  I love my promarkers, but there are an awful lot of them and sometimes it takes too long to sort out the colours I want.  The pencils are right there…

The sentiment was included with the stamp, and I used versafine black to stamp it so I got a nice solid image.  I matted the coloured image onto some plain black and edged it with faux stitching using a fineliner pen.  The last touch was to go over the wings with a quickie glue pen and some glamour dust to give it some bling.

Have fun with the challenge – I look forward to seeing your entries!


Crafty Cardmakers Challenge 211 – no patterned paper

211 no patterned paper

A new challenge!  Valérie is hosting today’s challenge, No Patterned Paper

As usual anything you care to enter is fine, a card, scrap layout, mixed media piece, some home decor, as long as it meets the No Patterned Paper theme.

My card was made using my favourite 6 x 6 card base.  The base layer was a plain purple card cut to size and stamped with versamark, using the stamps I planned to use on the topper.  This gives a watermark effect that I really like.

Around the base layer I wrapped some cream coloured ribbon, and then I stuck it to the card.

I stamped the daisy images (using a stamp in my stash – make sadly unknown) onto a   square piece of card twice, and roughly coloured them using watercolour paints.  I then cut the square into 9 individual pieces, and distressed around the edges of each one with milled lavender distress ink.

I stuck the small squares in the right order onto a piece of white topper card, leaving an even distance between them all to make a window frame look, and then finally used a promarker pen to edge the card.

The topper was stuck onto the base card using foam pads, and the final touch was a die cut butterfly, in the bottom right hand corner and the addition of some gems in the top right and bottom left corners.

Good luck – and enjoy the challenge!