I have made a card this time round, using the new Ranger Distress Oxide inks. I debated whether to buy the pads or just the inks, and in the end decided on the inks…
They will go a long way – you only need a couple of drops to get a decent blend going. I used a glass mat and a blending tool..
My card is a 7 x 5 white base card, and I layered that with a black mat underneath the topper. My background was done on a piece of pearlescent card – it really adds to the bling of the inks. The inks used were peacock feathers, salty ocean, wild honey, fired brick and walnut stain. I went round the outside edge to create a vignette effect using ordinary black soot distress ink.
When the inks had dried, I spritzed the surface with water, and used a scrunched up piece of kitchen roll to dry the droplets. I was really pleased with the way it came out!
I had some fairy stamps in my collection – unfortunately, I have lost the packaging so have no idea what make they are! I stamped them in place using my Eureka 101 stamp press, because I wanted the silhouette to be solid, and it is easy to miss bits. It’s so handy being able to stamp twice with confidence!
The last touches were a die cut sentiment (from Lynda Chapman’s last set!) and some gems which I added to the swirl in the bottom left hand corner. Finally, I went over the fairy’s wings with wink of stella clear to add some sparkle.